Friday, September 26, 2008

Two Existences

"The reality," my Master said when I first met him, "is that we have two lives, two existences - the inner and the outer." All our aspirations, our longings, our idealisms come from inside. All our ambitions for success, for growth, for development in whatever sphere we are in come from outside. So, we have to balance our aspiration with our ambition. One is related to my life outside myself, with growth in the material sense, success reflected in possessions, in ownership, in acquisitions, to be balanced with an inner aspiration which longs to be perfect, ideal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Balanced existence is one of the important aspect in the life of a Sahaj Marg abhyasi, who practices the SRCM Sahaj Marg meditation practice. In this talk, Master refers to how we even need to balance between ambition and aspiration. The practice of Sahaj Marg meditation as offered by SRCM organization is very helpful to me, and I am thankful to this blogger who is providing the daily reflections as SRCM Daily blogs.

Unknown said...

Hi anonymous, You are welcome. I am trying to use this daily SRCM blog as my personal dairy, but I welcome one and all to come and comment in my blog. Sahaj Marg (SRCM) is a very simple meditation practice that is available for all who are interested. I have heard the practitioners say, only willingness is necessary to practice.